Kaal Bhairav Abhisek and Sringar Sewa
- Time: 02 Hours
- No of Preist: 01
Location: Kaal Bhairav Temple, Kashi
Important Information :
Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja and Shringar Sewa is a highly auspicious and powerful puja
performed inside the main Kashi Kaal Bhairav Temple.
During this auspicious Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja and Shringar sewa the Kaal Bhairav Temple
is closed for all the general devotees. Only the participants of Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja and
Shringar Sewa is allowed entry inside the Garbha Griha of the Temple.
Hence the puja is performed in a closed and peaceful environment, thus escaping the huge rush
that is there during the normal hours in the Kaal Bhairav Temple.
Timings of the Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja and Shringar Sewa :
The Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja and Shringar sewa takes place in the Kaal Bhairav Temple 3
times on a daily basis:
- Mangala Aarti Sewa: 03AM : 04:30AM
- Bhog Aarti Sewa: 01:00PM : 02:30PM
- Sayan Aarti Sewa: 12:00AM : 01:30AM
Devotees can book the Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja and Shringar Sewa in advance to get their
desirable time slot in the Kaal Bhairav Temple.
Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja and Shringar Sewa can be broadly divided into the following stages and procedures :
- 1st stage: Panchamrit And Ganga Jal Snan –
In the Kaal Bhairav Abhishek the holy snan of Lord Shri Mahakaal Bhairav is done with the
Panchamrit i.e the five essential commodities comprising of Milk, Curd, Ghee, Honey, and Sugar
along with the auspicious Ganga Jal. During the Performance of Kaal Bhairav Abhishek the auspicious and powerful Kaal Bhairav Ashtakam Mantra are chanted by the priests in the temple after taking the Maha Sankalp in the names and gotra of all the devotees participating in the Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Sewa.
- 2nd stage: Kaal Bhairav Shringar Alankar Sewa –
After the performance of Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja the Shringar sewa of Mahakaal Bhairav starts in which the deity is dressed up in new fresh clothes and the alankar starts with fresh flowers, gold and silver jewelry.
- 3rd stage : Madira and Bhog offering –
Once the Kaal Bhairav Abhisek Puja and Shringar Sewa come to an end then Khappar Sewa is done by the devotees with their own hands in which the favorite silver vessel of lord Kaal Bhairav is filled with wine. This symbolic meaning of this sewa is requesting the lord to take away all the negativities from our life. After the Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja, Shringar Sewa and Khappar Sewa the Naivedya or Bhog is offered to Shri Mahakaal Bhairav Bhagwan. The bhog comprises many items broadly classified into Rajasik Bhog, Satwik Bhog and Tamasik Bhog.
- 4th stage : Kaal Bhairav Aarti –
Once all the procedures including the Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja, Sringar Sewa, Khappar Sewa and Bhog sewa is offered then the Aarti of Shri Mahakaal Bhairav is done and the popular bhajan and hymns of lord Shri Kaal Bhairav are sung in his praise.
- 5th stage : Blessings to the devotees –
In the last stage of Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja and Shringar Sewa all the participants of the
puja are blessed by the Shastris and Brhamins of the temple and Naivedya prashad which was
offered to the lord during the sewa is given to them as a blessing.
Who should perform the Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja and Shringar Sewa
- Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja should be regularly performed by someone whose health remains unwell or is diagnosed with some ailments.
- Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja and Shringar Sewa can be performed keeping in mind the Sankalap of happy and harmonious family relationships.
- Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja helps the individual in overcoming obstacles coming in the path of success.
- Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja and Shringar sewa help massively to those undergoing the Mahadasha of Chaya Grah like Rahu, Ketu, Shani, and Mangal.
- Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja is a medium for anyone who wishes to obtain higher spiritual levels and receives the grace and bhakti of Shri Mahakaal Bhairav Bhagwan.
Auspicious days and tithi to perform Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja and Shringar Sewa
The Mahakaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja and Shringar Sewa can be performed throughout the year i.e 365 days but according to the Shiva Mahapurana and the Skanda Purana there are some special days to perform the Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja and Shringar Sewa.
Tithis like Ashtami in the Krishna Paksha, Chaturdashi, and Amavasya are highly auspicious for performing the Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja and Shringar Sewa apart from Tuesday and Sunday which are anyways very special for performing the Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja and Shringar Sewa.
Benefits of performing Kaal Abhishek Puja and Shringar Sewa :
- Devotees who perform regular Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja are blessed with health, wealth and longevity throughout the course of their life.
- Performing Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja and Shringar sewa removes all the negativity from the mind and ensures overall protection of the devotee.
- Many Doshas from the Kundali are wiped away by the performance of regular Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja and Shringar Sewa.
- Participating in the Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja and Shringar Sewa in Kashi leads the devotee towards Kaal Bhairav Siddhi and Kaal Bhairav Bhakti.
- According to a shloka from the Skanda Purana a devotee by performing the Kaal Bhairav Abhishek Puja and Shringar sewa is absolved from the sins of his past 7 birth.
OTHER RELATED PUJA