Book Rudraabhisek puja in Varanasi and get pleased by Lord Shiva and all the Pancha Devta by offering them prayers and fulfilling your wishes.
- 1 Shastri | 1.5 hours
- 5 Shastri | 3 Hours
- 11 Shastri | 6 Hours
Important Information on Rudrabhishek Puja:
सप्तकोटि महारुद्रैः सुजप्तैर्यत्फलं भवेत् तत्फलं
लभ्यते काश्यां पूजना काशीयां यत्किमपि शिवलिंगम्
Kashi Khand, Chapter 68, Shlok 43
The above Shloka has been taken from the Skanda Purana, Kashi Khand where lord Shiva is saying that ‘Performing Rudrabhishek Puja of a Shivlinga in Kashi, will yield Punya of reciting seven crore Maha Rudrams or doing seven crores Rudrabhishek Puja elsewhere.
What is Rudrabhishek Puja?
Rudrabhishek is the most comprehensive vidhi of doing Puja to lord Shiva. In this ritual ‘Panch
Amrit that consist of ‘Milk, Honey, Ghee, Sugar and Curd’ are offered in a sequence along with
the dedicated chanting of Rudram Namakam Chamak Path.
Rudrabhishek Puja is the sacred bath of Lord Shiva done to appease him and seek his divine
When Samudra Manthan was done on the Mandara mountain, then all the Devi Devtas were
present there in anticipation of getting the ‘Amrit’ but when the poison came out from the
Samudra Manthan nobody was ready to accept it.
Lord Shiva then came and drank the poison thus saving the universe from collapsing. Because
of drinking the poison the color of his throat changed to blue and he was named ‘Neelkanth’ by
As a result of drinking the venomous poison, the body of Lord Shiva started heating up, and thus
to appease him all 33 Koti Devi and Devtas offered Rudrabhisek Puja to lord Shiva and
sought his blessings.
Who can perform the Rudrabhishek Puja?
- Every Sanatan Dharma believer should regularly perform the Rudrabhishek Puja at periodic intervals, especially on every Pradosh Kaal i.e 13th day of the month.
- By performing the Rudrabhishek Puja those facing health issues, disease and ailments benefit massively.
- Those going through the Mahadasha of Rahu, Ketu, Shani, and Mangal should regularly perform the Rudrabhishek Puja to reduce the negative impacts of these Graha in their lives.
- People with Dosha in their Kundali like the Kaal Sarp Dosh, Pitra Dosh, Vastu Dosh, or Mangalik Dosh should regularly perform the Rudrabhishek Puja
- Those who wish to seek health, wealth, and overall prosperity in their family lives should perform the Rudrabhishek Puja.
What is the Puja Vidhi to perform the Rudrabhishek Puja?
- The Rudrabhishek Puja begins with the Mahasankalap being taken in the name and gotra of the devotee along with a mention of the Day, Date, and the prevailing Nakshatra at the time of performing the Puja.
- Before the start of Rudrabhishek Puja Gauri, Ganesh Puja, and Kalash sthapana is done on which the Navagraha Devtas are invoked along with the Kshetra Devta Kaal Bhairav.
- The Rudrabhishek Puja begins with the offering of Panchamrit to lord Shiva followed by flowers and Bilva Patra which is very dear to him.
- Rudrabhishek Puja is done with different items, each signifying a different meaning in the
Rudrabhishek with milk: It is meant to give long life and wellness to the devotee
Rudrabhishek with Honey: It removes all sorrows, sufferings, and problems in one’s life
Rudrabhishek with Ghee: It removes any long terms illness, ailments, and skin diseases
Rudrabhishek with Curd: It is done for the “Kamna of Santan prapti” or blessing for a good child
Rudrabhishek with Sugar Cane Juice: It is done for wealth, and good health and removes enmity
- After duly performing the rituals of Rudrabhishek Puja Mangala Aarti is done to lord Shiva with the chanting of the Maha Aarti mantra.
Which are the auspicious tithi to perform the Rudrabhishek Puja?
- In Kashi, there is no auspicious time chosen to do Rudrabhishek Puja because it is believed that the presence of Kaal Bhairav (lord of time) makes every time auspicious to perform the Rudrabhishek Puja.
- In General, the tithi of Ashtami, Ekadashi, Pradosh, Purnima, and Amavasya are highly auspicious to perform the Rudrabhishek Puja.
- All the thirty days in the Shravan/Karthik month and the tithi of Mahashivratri are among the most auspicious days to perform the Rudrabhishek Puja.
- Ardent Shiv Bhaktas perform the Rudrabhishek Puja every Monday.
Why should one perform Rudrabhishek Puja in Kashi?
- Kashi is the favorite abode of Mahadev. Lord Shiva resides here for the welfare of the entire
universe in the Swaroop of Kashi Vishwanath.
- Lord Shiva says that he does not reside in Kashi, it is Kashi that resides within him inside his heart.
- According to the Shiva Mahapurana lord, Shiva never lamented when he was away from Maa Parvati but he even cried when he couldn’t come to his favorite abode of Kashi during the reign of Ved Vyas.
- According to the Skanda Purana performing the Rudrabhishek Puja in Kashi gives Anant times (i.e infinite times) more Punya to a devotee than performed anywhere else.
Benefits of performing the Rudrabhishek Puja :
- Devotees who perform the Rudrabhishek Puja to lord Shiva are blessed with growth in career, education, and material success.
- By performing Rudrabhishek Puja the devotee and his family are blessed with health, wealth, harmony, and cordial relationship.
- Rudrabhishek Puja eliminates financial stress and the burden of debt from the head of the devotee.
- Many Doshas from the Kundali are knowingly/unknowingly wiped off by performing the Rudrabhishek Puja.
- Doing the devotion of lord Shiva and performing Rudrabhishek gets blessed with a healthy and stable outlook even in crisis and hardship situations.
OTHER RELATED PUJA