Kashi Vishalakshi Temple
ध्यायेद्देवीं विशालाक्षीं तप्तजाम्बुनद प्रभ द्विभुजाम्
अम्बिकां चण्डीं खड्गखेटकधारिणीं ॥
नानालंकार सुभगां रक्ताम्बरधरां शुभां।
सदा षोडशवर्षीयां प्रसन्नास्यां त्रिलोचनां ।
Kashi Vishalakshi Temple
Basic Details of Shri Vishalaksi Temple
- Temple Name: Shri Vishalakshi Mata Shaktipeeth Temple, Kashi
- Temple Phone Number: +91-079915 16871
- Temple Address:Shri Kashi Vishalakshi Mata Shaktipeeth Temple, Kashi Lahori Tola Near Ganpati Guest House Meer Ghat, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221001
- Temple Timing: 06 AM – 10 PM
- Mangala Aarti: 4:00 AM
- Bhog Aarti: 12:00 PM
- Sandhya Aarti: 7:00 PM
- Sayan Aarti: 10:00 PM
Legend and Puranik story associated with Kashi Vishalakshi Devi :
ध्यायेद्देवीं विशालाक्षीं तप्तजाम्बुनद प्रभ द्विभुजाम्अम्बिकां चण्डीं खड्गखेटकधारिणीं ॥नानालंकार सुभगां रक्ताम्बरधरां शुभां।सदा षोडशवर्षीयां प्रसन्नास्यां त्रिलोचनां ।Kashi Vishalakshi Stuti
Regligious and Astrological signifiance of Kashi Vishalakshi Temple :
- Kashi Vishalakshi Devi Temple is one of the 51 Shaktipeeth Temples and the only Shakti Peeth in the sacred Kashi Kshetra.
- Kashi Vishalakshi Devi Temple is in the same parlance as Meenakshi Devi (the fish-eyed) and Kamakshi Devi (the love eyed) and is regarded as one of the 4 most important Shakti Peeth temples.
- Devotees who worship Kashi Vishalakshi Devi are blessed with good health, young age, and beauty and grace both in their looks and their minds.
- Married women who worship in the Kashi Vishalakshi Devi Temple are blessed with ‘Akhand Saubhagyawati Ashirvachan‘ and unmarried girls are blessed with a ‘happy, happening and peaceful married life’.
- Skanda Purana mentions in the 4th chapter that in the Kashi Kshetra, Vishalakshi Devi Temple fulfills and satisfies the devotees by blessing them with all their desired wishes.
- In the 83rd chapter of Skand Purana, Kashi Khand, Lord Shiva mentions that devotees who will take Manikarnika Snan and worship Maa Vishalalshi Devi will obtain Moksha or salvation (i.e freedom from the cycle of birth and rebirth).
- In Chapter 97, Shloka 240 of Kashi Khand Lord Shiva says ‘That before completing Kashi Nivas it is mandatory to obtain the darshans of Maa Vishalakshi Devi so as to complete the Kashi Yatra.
- Lord Kashi Vishwanath mentions in the Shiv Mahapurana that Kashi Vishalalshi Devi Temple is his eternal resting place and it is here that he puts to rest all the troubles in the lives of his devotees.
- Kashi Vishakshi Devi Temple along with Kaal Bhairav, Dhundiraj, Maa Ganga, and Vishwanath Temple are the six main focal or Sathang Yog points in the Kashi Parikrama Yatra.
- Adi Guru Shankaracharya performed his prayers in the sacred Kashi Vishalakshi Devi Temple and also installed a ‘Shri Chakram Yantra‘ on which the Kumkum Archana is offered today in the Temple.
Darshan and Aarti Timings in Kashi Vishalakshi Devi Temple :
Location of Kashi Vishalakshi Devi Temple and how to reach ?
Frequently Asked Question Related to Kashi Vishalakshi Temple
Where is the Kashi Vishalakshi Temple located ?
The Kashi Vishalakshi Devi Temple is located close to Meer Ghat at walking distance from the Kashi Vishwanath Temple.
What are Timings of the Kashi Vishalakshi Temple?
Darshan Timing Kashi Vishalakshi Devi Temple is :
- 5:00 am to 12:00 pm
- 1:00 pm to 10:00 pm
What is timming of Aarti in Kashi Vishalakshi Temple ?
Mangala Aarti – 4:00am
Bhog Aarti – 12:00pm
Sandhya Aarti – 8:00pm
Sayan Aarti – 11:00 pm
How to perform Puja in Kashi Vishalakshi Temple ?
Devotees can book Puja in Vishalakshi Temple by directly visiting our Website or cliicking the link below
Which part of Devi Maa fell in Kashi Vishalakshi Shaktipeeth?
Devi Maa’s earrings fell in the Kashi Vishalakshi Temple.