We use your Personal Information for providing and improving the services offered by us. By using the service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
1. What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register/login on the app/website. While registering, we may ask you for your name, phone number, email, location or address, Date of Birth, Place of Birth. However, you may visit the app/website anonymously without logging in.
When you create an account, you will provide information that could be personally identifiable information, such as your first name, last name, email, mobile number, location or address, Date of Birth, Place of Birth. We may use your contact information to send you information about our services, but only in accordance with your contact preferences. Regardless of your contact preferences, we reserve the right to contact you when we believe it is necessary, such as for account recovery purposes.
If you choose to share Kashi Archan Foundation posts with your friends on social media channels such as Facebook, Whatsapp, we would also display our app install link on your social media channels.
In addition to the usage of analytics, the app/website automatically collects usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the app/website. We may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregated data enables us to figure out how often individuals use part of the services so that we can analyse, improve our services and provide better experience to our users.
Some users such as temple administrators and pandits need to post content on Kashi Archan Foundation website. For posting the content on the app/website, these users are required to grant the permission to Kashi Archan Foundation website to access photos, media and files or access camera on their devices.
2. How do we use and share your information?
We share your information with third parties when we believe that the sharing is permitted by you, sharing is reasonably necessary to offer our services, or when legally required to do so. We use the information we collect to try to provide our users an efficient and customized experience. We use the information provided by you in the following manner to provide you with the best possible experience.
- To manage and improve the service: We use the information we collect to provide our services and features to you, to analyze and improve those services and features, and to provide you with reliable customer support in a short time.
- To provide customized experience: We endeavour to provide customized experience to each user and this data helps us in making that possible.
- To contact you: We may contact you in order to obtain feedback on our services and notify you with new features from time to time.
- Notifications: We may send you notifications from time to time as and when new content is posted on the app/website and when we introduce new features on the app/ website.
- To share the content: We use our social media plugins inside the app/website to let you post the app content on social media channels.
- To post content: Some users need to grant permission to app/website to allow access of photos, media and files or access camera on their devices to post the content on the app/website.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm: We may disclose information pursuant to subpoenas, court orders, or other requests (including criminal and civil matters) if we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law.
3. How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
4. Public Information about your Activity on the Website/App
If you choose to provide any personally identifiable information using certain public features of the app/website, then that information is governed by the privacy settings of those particular features and may be publicly available. Individuals reading such information may use or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge, and search engines may index that information.
5. Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personally identifiable information to thirdparties, unless we provide you with advance notice in relation to the same. The term “outside parties” does not include website hosting partners, our technology partners and other parties who assist us in operating the app/website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release your information, when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our app/website policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, benchmarking and internal quality control measures for improving experience for our uses.
6. Third party links
In an attempt to provide you our service with increased value, we may include third party links/integration on our app/website. These linked apps/websites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked apps/websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our app/website and welcome any feedback about these linked apps/websites.
7. Changes to our policy
8. Online Policy only
9. Your consent
The information contained in this app/website is for general information purposes only. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of the content on the app/website. Any reliance you place on such information is at your own risk. In no event, we will be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising from loss of data or profits arising out of it.