Kaal Bhairav Puja and Homam
Location – Kaal Bhairav Temple Kashi
Important information regarding Kaal Bhairav Puja and Homam :
The Kaal Bhairav Puja and Homam is one of the most powerful and energized Puja which is
performed in the Kaal Bhairav Temple of Kashi. The puja is mainly performed to help fulfill a specific Sankalapam or Manokamna of the devotee. The Kaal Bhairav Puja and Homam are performed in the vicinity of the Kaal Bhairav Temple by the learned Shastris of Kashi who has expertise in conducting the Kaal Bhairav Puja and Homam Anusthan.
After the Kaal Bhairav Puja, Kaal Bhairav Homam is performed in front of the main Shikar of the
temple which is consecrated in gold and is highly auspicious. This Shikhar is visible only to the
participants of the Puja and not the general devotees.
Timings of the Kaal Bhairav Puja and Homam in the Kaal Bhairav Temple :
There are two-time slots available for the Kaal Bhairav Puja and Homam Anusthan which are :
- Mangala Aarti: 07 AM to 01 PM
- Bhog Aarti : 01 PM to 08 PM
Devotees can book the Kaal Bhairav Puja and Homam in advance to get their preferred time
slot in the Kaal Bhairav Temple.
Vidhi of Kaal Bhairav Puja and Homam:
Kaal Bhairav Puja and Homam Vidhi can be broadly classified into the following stages :
- 1st Stage : Maha Sankalpam
This is the first stage of Kaal Bhairav Puja and Homam in which the Maha Sankalpam is taken
in the Name, Gotra, and Nakshatra of the devotees. The specific wish or manokamna for the fulfillment of which the puja is being done by the devotee is also mentioned in this stage by reciting the Vedic mantras.
- 2nd Stage : Kalash Sthapana and Gauri Ganesh Puja
Kaal Bhairav Puja and Homam is initiated by invoking and inviting Lord Ganesha in the Kalash kept for Puja along with Maa Gauri Devi. Lord Ganesha ensures that the Kaal Bhairav Puja is completed without any hindrances or obstacles on that given day.
- 3rd Stage : NavGrah Devta Puja
Kaal Bhairav Puja and Homam play a crucial role in relieving the devotees from the negative
impact of all nine planets. Performing the Kaal Bhairav Puja and Homam is very helpful during the phase of Rahu Mahadasha, Ketu Mahadasha, Shani Mahadasha, and Mangal Mahadasha as all these are Chaya Grah and they consider lord Kaal Bhairav as their Guru.
- 4th Stage : Kaal Bhairav Mantra Jaap
This is the most important and time to take part of the Kaal Bhairav Puja and Homam as all the
Shastri’s sit for doing the Kaal Bhairav Mantra Japam. It is a beej mantra and is known as Apada Uddharak in Sanskrit which means the “reliever from all problems and the giver of all joys and success”.
- 5th Stage : Kaal Bhairav Homam
Kaal Bhairav Homam is performed in one/tenth proportion of the Kaal Bhairav Mantra with
which jaap was done by the Shastri. The Kaal Bhairav Homam is a very sacred and powerful remedy for resolving all the problems/obstacles and ensuring success in all the endeavors of the devotee.
Auspicious days and tithi to perform Kaal Bhairav Puja and Homam :
The Kaal Bhairav Puja and Homam can be performed throughout the year but according to the
Shiva Mahapurana and the Kashi Khand there are some special days to perform the Kaal
Bhairav Puja and Homam. Tithis like Ashtami in the Krishna Paksha, Chaturdashi, and Amavasya are highly auspicious for performing the Kaal Bhairav Puja and Homam. Tuesday and Sunday are also very special for performing the Kaal Bhairav Puja and Homam.
Who should perform the Kaal Bhairav Puja and Homam Anusthan :
- Kaal Bhairav Puja and Homam should be performed regularly by all those who struggle with their health or are suffering from any serious ailment.
- Kaal Bhairav Puja and Homam Anusthan is instrumental in helping the devotees winning legal battles and court cases.
- By performing Kaal Bhairav Puja couples are blessed with a happy and peaceful marital life with their partners.
- The performance of Kaal Bhairav Homam by someone starting a new business venture or someone looking for a new job is very beneficial.
- The mantra jaap done in Kaal Bhairav Puja is more efficacious for a person than doing a Nav Grah Shanti Puja.
- Many devotees experience and attain Kaal Bhairav siddhi and bhakti by performing regular Kaal Bhairav Homam.
Benefits of performing Kaal Bhairav Puja and Homam :
- Devotees who participate in the Kaal Bhairav Puja and Homam are blessed with ‘Aayush’ and ‘Arogya’ i.e health and longevity.
- Taking part in the powerful Kaal Bhairav Puja ensures a natural ‘Surakasha Kavach’ for the protection of the and devotee thus keeping all the negativity away.
- Performing the Kaal Bhairav Homam pacifies all the Navagraha Devatas and the devotee is freed from their negative impacts.
- Regular recitation of the beej mantra used in the Kaal Bhairav Puja leads the devotee toward Kaal Bhairav Siddhi and bhakti.
- According to Skanda Purana a devotee who participates regularly in the Kaal Bhairav Homam on a Tuesday attains to Kashi Dham in his next life.