Sankat Mochan Mandir
``सीता श्रद्धा देश की राम अटल विश्वास।
रामायण तुलसी रचित हम तुलसी के दास।``
Sankat Mochan Mandir
Sankat Mochan Temple Basic Details
- Temple Name: Sankat Mochan Temple
- Temple Address:Saket Nagar Colony, Sankata Mochan Leprosy, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221005
- Temple Timing: 05:30 AM – 10:30 PM.
- Sringar Aarti Timing: 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM
- Sandhya Aarti Timing: 7:30 PM to 8:00 PM
- Shayan Aarti Timing: 10:30 PM to 11:00 PM
“सीता श्रद्धा देश की राम अटल विश्वास।रामायण तुलसी रचित हम तुलसी के दास।”
Legend and History associated with the Sankat Mochan Temple :
कौन सो संकट मोर गरीब को,
जो तुमसे नहिं जात है टारो को नहीं जानत है जग में,
कपि संकट मोचन नाम तिहारो॥
The episode of the divine meeting of Goswami Tulsi Das Ji and Hanuman Ji :
Puja in Sankat Mochan Temple Varanasi :
Religious and astrological importance of the Sankat Mochan Temple :
Darshan and Aarti Timings of the Sankat Mochan Temple :
- Mangala Aarti : 4:00 am to 5:00 am
- Shringar Aarti : 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Sandhya Aarti : 7:30 pm to 8:00 pm
- Sayan Aarti : 10:30 pm to 11:00 pm
Festivals and auspicuous days for darshan in Sankat Mochan Temple :
- Every Tuesday and Saturday witnesses massive crowd in the Sankat Mochan Temple for the Darshan. Apart from it Navami and Amavasya tithi also remain very crowded.
- Shri Ram Navami, Hanuman Jayanti, Seeta Navami, Deepawali and Bharat Milab are some of the popular festivals celebrated with much gaiety in the Sankat Mochan Temple.
- The Sankat Mochan Sangeet Samaroh is an annual cultural festival celebrated in the Sankat Mochan Temple which invites talent and presents stage to artists from acroos the Globe.
- Renowned Bollywod actors and singers like Amitab Bacchan, Sonu Nigam, Gulam Ali, Anuradha Paudwal and Hema Malini have performed on the festivals in Sankat Mochan Temple over the years.
Location of the Sankat Mochan Temple and how to reach ?
Things to know before visiting the Sankat Mochan Temple:
- The Sankat Mochan Temple is also famous for offering Ladoo made with dal and jaggery, which is given to visitors.
- Offering marigolds and Tulsi garland to Lord Hanuman is an important pilgrim activity in the Sankat Mochan Temple.
- Ladoo prasadam can be easily purchased from the shops inside the Sankat Mochan Temple.
- Booklets containing chants of Hanuman Chalisa and Ramayan are given free to the visitors to sit and recite.
- There is no mandatory requirement for getting bookings for darshan, visits in the early morning are helpful in avoiding the crowd.
- Devotees who wish to offer puja in the Sankat Mochan Temple can book it visiting our website.
Book Your Puja & Sewa Today
Frequent Asked Question
Kashi Vishwanath Temple Address ?
How many types of Aarti is performed in the Kashi Vishwanath Temple??
Aarti, Sapta-Rishi Aarti & Night/Shringar Aarti.
Is there any dress code for darshan in Kashi Vishwanath Temple??
to wear decent clothes
Nearest Railway Station/Bus Station/Airport of Kashi Vishwanath Temple??
Charan Singh Bus Stand and Air-port are Babatpur Airport.
What are the major functions/festivals of Shri Kashi Vishwanath Temple??
Shivratri, Mahashivratri, Kartik month etc.
How many types of Rudrabhishek is performed in the Shri Kashi Vishwanath Temple? Kashi Vishwanath Temple??
Rudrabhishek and Laghu Rudra and Maha-Rudra too.