- Temple Name: Shri Siddhi Vinayak Temple
- Temple Phone Number: N/A
- Temple Address: CK 21/20, Shitala Gali, Govindpura, Varanasi 221001
- Temple Deity: Siddhi Vinayak Ganesh
- Temple Timing: 05:30 AM – 01 PM & 03 PM -10:30 PM
- Mangala Aarti Timing: 04:00 AM
- Bhog/Aarti Timing: 01:00 PM
- Sandhya Aarti Timing: 08:00 PM to 08:30 PM
- Shayan Aarti Timing: 12:00 AM to 01:30AM
Siddhi Vinayak Temple
Siddhi Vinayak Temple
Sri Asitang Bhairava Temple Basic Details
Legend associated with the origin of Shri Siddhi Vinayak Temple :
In the vicinity of Shri Siddhi Vinayak Temple itself Bhagwan Vishnu had done Sadhana after which Madhu and Kaitabha (both demons) who battled with him for thousands of years were finally killed.
Bhagwan Shiv had instructed Shri Hari Vishnu to do Ganesh Vandan before the start of the final battle between them, it is only after that the battle which had gone on for thousands of years finally came to an end and bhagwan Vishnu emerged victorious.
The Siddhi Vinayak Temple became the place where Bhagwan Shri Hari Vishnu after the thorough prayers to bhagwan Ganesh attained his siddhi and blessings, hence Ganesh Ji from then on came to be known as Siddhi Vinayak (and the temple as Siddhi Vinayak Temple).
Bhagwan Ganesh in the Siddhi Vinayak swaroop granted the wish of bhagwan Brahma to create the universe and this nature. Lord Brahma did countless jaap of the OM mantra to impress and appease bhagwan Ganesh and finally he was blessed by the Siddhi Vinayak swaroop.
Once lord Brahma not only received the energy to create the universe with the blessings of Bhagwan Siddhi Vinayak, but he also accepted the wish of Bhagwan Brahma to accept the two daughters of Bhagwan Brahma Riddhi and Siddhi as his wife.
Importance of Shri Siddhi Vinayak Temple :
- There is a unique Ganesha cave with magnetic attraction in the Mandapam which is a notable aspect of the Siddhi Vinayak Temple.
- Pictures of Ashtavinayak carved on the gates of the Siddhi Vinayak Temple attract the devotees towards them.
- The unique sculpture and swaroop of Siddhi Vinayak Ganesha installed in the temple is of black stone, which is two feet high.
- Inside the Siddhi Vinayak Temple Ganesha’s trunk is on the right, which is seen in very few idols and is always boon showring for the devotees.
- A snake is wrapped around the left shoulder of the Siddhi Vinayak going to the right and there is a third eye on the head, which is like the third eye of Lord Shiva.
- Siddhi Vinayak Ganesh Ji has four hands, in which there is a lotus, an ax, a modak and a garland of pearls. The swaroop of Riddhi and Siddhi goddesses are installed on both sides of the main Temple.
- Offering Puja and Sewa in Shri Siddhi Vinayak Temple fulfills all the wishes of all the devotees, no prayer made in the temple ever goes in vain.
Shri Siddhi Vinayak Temple is an important landmark in the Ashta Vinayak Parikrama Yatra of Kashi.
Darshan and Aarti Timings in Shri Siddhi Vinayak Temple
Shri Siddhi Vinayak Temple remains open for the devotees 365 days in a year with fixed temple Timings. The Siddhi Vinayak Temple opens up for the devotees at 5:30 AM in the morning after performing the Mangala Aarti.
The Mangala Aarti in the Siddhi Vinayak Temple takes place at 4:00 AM in the morning. During this time only the priests who perform the Puja are allowed entry into the Siddhi Vinayak Temple and the temple opens for the general devotees at around 5:30 AM after the Mangala Aarti Sewa.
In the Afternoon the Siddhi Vinayak Temple closes at 1:00 PM for the Bhog Aarti Sewa. During the Bhog Aarti Sewa in the Bada Ganapati Temple only the priests who perform the Abhisek Sewa are allowed entry to the Siddhi Vinayak Temple and the temple opens for the general devotees at around 2:30 PM.
The Sandhya Aarti in the Siddhi Vinayak Temple takes place at 8:00 PM in the evening and goes up to 8:30 PM.
The Sayan Aarti in the Siddhi Vinayak Temple starts at 12:00 AM in the Mid Night time. During this time only the priests who perform the Puja are allowed entry into the Siddhi Vinayak Temple and the temple then closes for the general devotees at 1:30 AM.
Auspicious days and festivals celebrated in Sri Bada Ganpati Temple
The big program in the Siddhi Vinayak Temple is organized in the month of September i.e Ganesh Chaturthi. During this, Navaha recitation of Ganpati Atharvashirsha Path takes place, while Vyas Sammelan is organized in the evening.
Devotees throng the Siddhi Vinayak temple in large numbers to participate in this event. Thesecond major event in the temple takes place on the day of Diwali. On this occasion, a grand shringar sewa of Siddhi Vinayak Ji is done.
At the same time, Mahaarti takes place. Devotees regularly light lamps of desi ghee, sesame oil, mustard oil and jasmine oil in the temple to fulfill their wishes. The number of visitors to the Siddhi Vinayak temple is very high on Wednesdays and Sundays.
Book Your Puja & Sewa Today
Frequent Asked Questions related to Kaal Bhairav Temple ?
What should I offer to Siddhi Vinayak Temple ?
Siddhi Vinayak Puja is done in the Satwik Vidhi and hence all Fruits, Dry Fruits, Sweets and items included in the 56 Bhog can be included in the Siddhi Vinayak Puja.
What is Shri Siddhi Vinayak Temple Address?
Siddhi Vinayak Temple is located at CK 21/20, Shitala Gali, Govindpura, Varanasi 221001
How Many Types of Aarti Perform in Shri Anand Bhairav Temple?
Mangala Aarti, Bhog Aarti, Sandhya Aarti and Sayan Aarti are some of the Sewa performed in the Shri Anand Bhairav Temple