- Tripindi Shradh Details : Duration: 04 Hours | No of Priest: 03
- Tripindi Shradh + Kapardhiswar Mahadev Abhisek + Tila Homam : Duration: 06 Hours | No of Priest: 05
पि शाच मोचनेश्वर लि ङ्गंतत्राऽभ्यर्च्य नरो मदुा
त्रि ः सप्तकुलसयं क्ुतो मच्ुयतेनात्र सशं यः
काशी मेंपि तामहेश्वर नामक लि गं की सहर्ष पजू ा करनेसेइक्कीस कुलों | के साथ मनष्ुय नि ःसन्देह मक्ुत हो जाता
है। (पि ता महेश्वर लि गं चोक क्षेत्र मेंशीतता गती मेंस्थि त है
The above shloka has been taken from the Skanda Purana, Kashi khand which means that ‘If a devotee gladly performs the ‘Tripindi Shradh’ pooja near the Pishach Maheshwar Shivalinga, he gives liberation to twenty one generations of his forefathers (including himself). (Pishach Maheshwar Ling is located in Pishach Mochan Kund, Kashi).
Kashi Khand, Chapter 69, Shlok 38
What is Tripindi Shradh Puja?
The Tripindi Shradh Puja is a form of Pind Daan which is offered to satisfy our immediate Pitru Devatas relating to the previous three generations. Tripindi Shradh is the most comprehensive and effective means to satisfy our Pitru Devtas.
The Tripindi Shradh Puja is not only limited to satisfying our immediate three generations but any relative/neighbor/helper who was in direct/indirect touch with our Pitru Devtas attains to Mukti by us performing the auspicious Tripindi Shradh Puja.
The Tripindi Shradh is a very important ritual in the Hindu Dharma and it finds high mentions in the Skanda Purana, Garun Purana, and the ancient scripture Shradha Kamalkar.
Why should one perform the Tripindi Shradh Puja?
Not performing Shradh Vidhi and Tarpan for our Pitru Devatas leads the person towards Pitra Dosh in his horoscope which can have a wide range of multi-dimensional effects in his personal/professional life.
Giving us troubles in our life is a way of reminding us to fulfill our duty towards the Pitra Devtas who have very little anticipation and expectation from us.
Pitra Dosh has a wide negative impact in our life but it is also the easiest dosha to remove for most of us (provided we are aware of it). Our Pitru Devatas only expect from us to give them annually Shradh, Tarpand, and Annadan. Tripindi Shradh henceforth has become the most comprehensive tool for us to remove Pitra Dosha from our Kundali.
What is Pitra Dosh?
How does one know if He/She has Pitra Dosh in their Kundali?
Pitra Dosh can be found out both directly and indirectly.
Direct method: Pitra Dosh is most of the time expressed in the horoscope as a consequence of Planetary positioning. In this case, the person is born with Pitra Dosh but has no direct relation to causing it.
● Pitra Dosh is formed in Kundali when there is a combination of Surya and Rahu in the 9th house of a person’s chart.
Indirect method: In this case, the Pitra Dosh can be found out when there is a series of bad times faced by a person in his sphere of personal and professional life.
● In most cases the indirect method is suited and it is especially found to be true for a long time if no Shradh/Tarpan or Daan has been done by the individual for his/her Pitru Devta.
Some of the negative effects in life which indicate Pitra Dosh in the Kundali :
- Prolonged periods of financial distress/unstable income, poor savings, and unnecessary expenses can be an indication of Pitra Dosh.
- The deteriorating health of family members, and close relatives, and the new generations acquiring some inherited disease are often a sign of Pitra Dosh.
- Often seeing our ancestors in our dreams is also a sign of having Pitra Dosh.
- Never-ending quarrels, rifts, and poor relations among close family members also indicate Pitra Dosh.
- Pitra Dosh as explained above can also be directly found out from the Kundali if there is a confluence of Surya and Rahu in the 9th house of the horoscope.
Importance of Tripindi Shradh Puja in removing the Pitra Dosh from Kundali :
The Tripindi Shradh is the most effective and comprehensive way to remove Pitra Dosh from our lives / Kundali. It is a one-stop solution for those facing the horrors and negative effects of PitraDosh in their Kundali.
The accumulated Pitra Rin or Dosh gets fulfilled and completely addressed by performing the Tripindi Shradh Puja.
What is the procedure to perform Tripindi Shradh?
- The Tripindi Shradh Puja can be performed on any given day in Kashi however at other places the Krishna Paksha tithi and the Amavasya Tithi are preferred.
- The Tripindi Shradh Puja is done keeping three Kalash, making three Pindas and offering three vastras, and making three Daan during the course of the Puja
- The three gods invoked to perform the Tripindi Shradh Puja are Bramha, Vishnu, and Mahesh.
- The span of the Puja lasts between 3 to 4 hours and along with Tripindi Shradh, both Rudra Abhishek and Tila Hawan can also be performed.
- The devotees while performing the Tripindi Shradh puja can also offer various Daan such as Annadan, Swarna Daan, and Gau Daan.
Where should one perform the Tripindi Shradh Puja?
Kashi is the favorite Dham of the Pitra Devatas, even on hearing the word ‘Kashi’ our Pitra Devatas come to Kashi in the anticipation of Tripindi Shradh, Tarpan, and Annadaan.
It is the responsibility of all of us to satisfy our Pitra Devatas and free ourselves from the Pitra Rin (Debt from our ancestors) with which we all are born.
In Kashi, the sacred places to perform the Tripindi Shradh Puja are Dashashwamedh Ghat, Pishach Mochan Kund, Kedar Ghat, Assi Ghat, and the Manikarnika Ghat.
The benefits of performing the Tripindi Shradh Puja are :
- By performing the sacred Tripindi Shradh Puja we liberate our ancestors from any bondage and also get ourselves freed from any Pitra Dosh.
- Performing Tripindi Puja Shradh restores to the individual all the lost material and emotional blessings of life like money, job, and cordial relations among the family.
- The Tripindi Shradh Puja gives the individual the immense blessings of his/her Pitru Devtas and also paves the way for success in business, job, and career.
- Through the Tripindi Shradh Puja, the ancestors bless the devotee family with longevity, sound health, and also relief from any big disease.
- Tripindi Shradh puja blesses the devoted family with health, wealth prosperity, and overall emotional well-being.